Our Medical Providers
Patient Care • Endoscopic Expertise
In order to provide our patients with quality care our office utilizes staff with the following credentials to assist our Physicians in your treatment: RMA, CMA, LPN, RN, NP and PA.
Alexis Vanbastelaer, MSN, AGACNP-BC
Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Science, Purdue University—West Lafayette, IN (2015)
Medical Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Emory University—Atlanta, GA (2018)
Medical Education: Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Emory University—Atlanta, GA (2022)
Specialties: Nurse Practitioner
Bio: Compassionate Registered Nurse and recent NP graduate with 3.5 years of acute and critical care experience in all different ICU settings and emergency department. Comfortable in fast-paced emergency situations. Flexible RN who adapts easily to new situations, and continually strives to provide evidence-based practice. Committed to providing quality, compassionate patient care while also building rapport with patients, family members and other healthcare professionals. Active compact RN License issued by the Georgia Board of Nursing. BLS, ACLS, NIHSS, TCRN, and CCRN certified. AGACNP licensure applied for and pending.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse, Wellstar North Fulton (Level 2 Trauma) June 2022 – Present
- Responsible for care of patients of all ages and various acuity.
- Triage patients and determine priority of care based on physical, psychological, and social needs.
- Rotate through all the service areas of the emergency department including triage, fast track, psychiatry, trauma, and admission holds.
- Provide care to patients with diverse medical conditions requiring multiple forms of critical care.
ICU Nurse Float Pool, Wellstar Douglas & Atlanta Medical January 2022 – June 2022
- Float between ICU’s including the trauma ICU, medical ICU, CCU, and emergency department.
- Provide care to patients with diverse medical conditions requiring multiple forms of emergent care.
ICU Registered Nurse, Emory University Hospital (Medical ICU) September 2020 – Present
- Provide care to patients with a wide variety of conditions including septic shock, post cardiac arrest, ESRD, MODS, GI bleed, pulmonary hypertension, A-fib with RVR, transplants, and cancers.
- Administer and titrate vasopressors/inotropes/sedation.
- Assess patients’ condition, notified physicians of clinical changes as well as prepared and implemented patient care plans.
- Assist doctors in the delivery of medical procedures and provided basic life support in case of emergencies.
- Monitor patient hemodynamics and change in patient condition.
ICU Registered Nurse, Emory University Hospital Midtown (Neuro/Surgical ICU) February 2019 – September 2020
- Provide care to patients with strokes, intracranial hemorrhages, subdural hemorrhages and other neurological conditions.
- Administer and titrate vasopressors and medications specific to neurological conditions, such as Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), Mannitol, and Hypertonic solutions.
- Assist providers with bedside procedures such as arterial lines, central lines, extra ventricular drain placement, subdural drain placement, and burr holes.
- Closely monitor hemodynamics and intracranial pressure.
- Management of extra ventricular and lumbar drains.
CVICU, Emory University Hospital August 2022 – December 2022
- Will complete 360 hours of clinical work with patients with critical cardiovascular conditions requiring advanced treatment including ECMO, LVAD, RVAD, Impella, and PA catheter monitoring.
Neuro ICU, Emory University Hospital May 2022 – August 2022
- Complete 240 hours of clinical work with patients with critical neurological conditions and post-surgical patients.
- Management of advanced neurological care including patients requiring continuous intracranial pressure monitoring, subarachnoid hemorrhage protocols, stroke protocols, and intrathecal drug administration.
Lung Transplant Team, Emory University Hospital January 2022 – May 2022
- Complete 180 hours of clinical work and care of patients pre and post lung transplant.
- Assess and worked up patients that qualify for lung transplant.
- Provide care and manage patients post lung transplant.
Head and Neck Surgery, Emory University Hospital Midtown November 2021 – December 2021
- Complete 60 hours of clinical work with patients that had radical head and neck surgeries.
- Follow up with patients in clinic post-surgery to monitor for any complications or infection.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (applied for and pending)
- Compact State Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN)
Northeast Georgia Medical Center: Gainesville Inpatient Services
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Interested in scheduling an appointment with our practice? Submit a request online today, and our scheduling department will contact you to confirm a date and time.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 770-536-8109 our associates will be happy to assist you.
Gastroenterology Associates Pathology Department
Our compliance with the National Patient Safety Goals
was validated by the Joint Commission in January 2019